1) Revaluation and optimization of current business processes
2) Implementation or Enhancements to existing critical business functions
3) Evaluation and optimal usage of customized ABAP object/programs.
4) Revamping of current SAP System to align with changing business environment.
1) Revisitng Business Blueprint and Business Process Documentation
2) Thorough Study and Evaluation of customizations and ABAP Objects developed over the period of time.
3) Correct and informed Hardware sizing and deployment
4) Thorough testing and training on upgraded SAP System
In terms of Project Management, an implementation of S/4HANA is similar to an SAP ECC implementation. Even though there is a new database technology and there are new data structures, the general procedure to run this project has not changed that much.
As traditionally done in the implementation of an ERP system, the following steps for the implementation of SAP S/4HANA are listed below:
i) Customization of the S/4HANA system
ii) Functional testing
iii)Two integration tests, with the integration of all subsidiaries. We conducted these tests within the individual modules and processes (e.g. FI, CO, PS, etc). Once this was done, we did cross-functional tests. These are tests of a universal process through all modules and processes (i.e. from sales, through the project execution, to project controlling).
iv) User Acceptance Test: our focus was to depict the processes, and to integrate individual modules and departments.